Alan M. Insul has been admitted to practice law in California since 1978. He currently limits his practice to transactional matters in the areas of corporate, business and real estate. On the business and corporate side, Alan handles entity formations (corporate, limited liability companies, partnership, limited partnerships, limited liability partnerships), buy-sell arrangements, corporate governance, strategic alliance agreements, contract negotiations and drafting, software development agreements, intellectual property licensing agreements, and asset based lending arrangements. He is outside corporate counsel to start-ups, emerging enterprises, established companies as well as troubled businesses and has advised e-commerce businesses, telecommunications companies, manufacturers, financial services companies, and professional services companies. In real estate, Alan has handled commercial, industrial and residential income property matters. His experience ranges from transactions involving acquisitions, development, construction, secured lending, commercial leasing, title and casualty insurance, property management, brokerage issues.
- Southwestern University School of Law, J.D. (Moot Court Honors Program & Internship California Court of Appeals, District 2, Justice Lynn Compton)
- UCLA, BA (Psychology)
Memberships, Authorships & Acknowledgements
- AV rated from Martindale-Hubbell (their highest rating for legal ability and ethics based upon peer review ratings of attorneys and judges).
- Immediate Past Vice-Chair Business Law Section of the State Bar of California
- Past Editor in Chief of the Business Law News (Published by the State Bar of California)
- LA County Bar
- Author & Consultant to CEB (Continuing Education of the Bar) for Selecting and Forming Business Entities (Second Edition) and Ground Lease Practice, respectively.
- Federal District Courts for the Central District