James R. Felton is Managing Partner of Greenberg & Bass LLP. Mr. Felton practices in the areas of business, commercial and real estate litigation, alternative dispute resolution, and insolvency-related matters. He routinely handles business dissolution matters, shareholder, partner and guarantor disputes, breach of contract matters, asset recovery issues, and collections related to structured settlement payments. Mr. Felton is also experienced in appellate matters.
- Action to recover for fraud regarding the sale of counterfeit artwork.
- Action on behalf of a minority shareholder to enforce rights against a majority shareholder's takeover attempts.
- Action to recover monies due on a software licensing contract.
- Successful appeal of a trial court's use of wage garnishment statutes to limit the collection enforcement of purchased annuity payments.
Professional and Community Activities
- 2009 and 2010 Super Lawyer, Los Angeles Magazine
- 2007 Top 25 Lawyers in the Valley, San Fernando Business Journal
- 40 Under 40 Award, San Fernando Valley Business Journal
- Past President, San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- Chair, Jewish Community Relations Committee of the Jewish Federation, Valley Alliance
- Board of Directors, Jewish Federation Council of Greater Los Angeles
- Board of Directors, Young Leadership Division, Jewish Federation Council
- Member, National Young Leadership Cabinet, Jewish Federation
- Recipient, Jules Ratner Leadership Award, Jewish Federation
- Volunteer, The Alliance for Children's Rights; provides pro bono adoption counsel
- Member, Los Angeles Unified School District's Task Force on Special Education
- State of California
- State of Arizona
- United States District Court
- Central and Southern Districts of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Education and Honors
- B.A., magna cum laude with high honors, Brandeis University, 1985
- J.D., University of California at Los Angeles, 1988
- Law Clerk, Honorable Joan Dempsey Klein, Presiding Justice, Second Appellate District, Third Division
- Extern, Honorable Stephen V. Wilson, United States District Court Judge