William W. Thomsen, MBA, CFA, ASA is President and founder of Thomsen LLC. He has over 23 years' experience providing business valuations and economic analysis across a broad range of industries. Mr. Thomsen's experience encompasses the valuation of interests in closely held corporations, partnerships, LLCs, and other entities and economic assets for estate tax planning, financial reporting, business and transactional support, and litigation purposes. His consulting expertise also includes economic damage assessment for commercial disputes; goodwill valuation in eminent domain proceedings, and lost earnings calculations for employment litigation. Mr. Thomsen has testified on numerous occasions as an expert witness on valuation and economic damage issues, and has qualified as an expert witness in US District Court and many county Superior Courts. He has spoken on numerous occasions on topics concerning business valuation and economic damage analysis.
Prior to founding Thomsen LLC, Mr. Thomsen served as senior manager at CPA firms SingerLewak LLP and Marcum LLP, and before that was a principal of the boutique valuation consulting firm Marcus & Thomsen, Inc. Prior to that, he was a valuation and litigation manager at CPA firms Grobstein, Horwath & Company LLP and Stonefield Josephson, Inc., and vice president of valuation consulting firm American Valuation Group, Inc. He started his career as a litigation consultant at Price Waterhouse.
- Masters in Business Administration, Columbia University.
- Bachelors of Arts in Economics, Pomona College.
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA), American Society of Appraisers, Business Valuation Designation.
- Chartered Financial Analysis, CFA Institute.
- William enjoys tennis and surfing, and occasionally takes his tenor saxophone out of its case. He lives in Santa Monica with his lovely wife and three small dogs.